Content Marketing is like getting a puppy
You think a puppy will add some colour into your life, but your wife isn’t so sure. To convince her, you share cute puppy videos, and articles on the benefits of having a pet—until she’s convinced that life is only complete with a french bulldog on her lap.
Content Marketing in a nutshell
Is about providing relevant content that keep your audiences engaged on topics revolving around your product or service—without outright selling.
Content marketing is not new!
The fact is content marketing has been around for decades, we just didn’t have a specific name for it. As a result, there is a big gap between hype and reality.
First of all, we have to make a clear distinction between a content marketing strategy and a content strategy.
A marketing strategy determines how we will profile ourselves within a market. A content marketing strategy is the inherent part of it that defines how we will use content to improve interaction with our target groups, and how this can help us achieve our goals.
A content strategy, on the other hand, is a lot more practical in nature. It’s the actual way of creating, managing and publishing your content. This being said, it’s obvious that we need a good content marketing strategy to start with. Research from the Content Marketing Institute shows companies with a well-documented content marketing strategy:
- Know better how to be effective in content marketing.
- Feel more confident in all aspects of content marketing.
- Can efficiently target groups through content and social media channels.
- Have a better view on the budget they spend on content marketing.
- Can easily provide resources for content marketing.A good content marketing strategy integrates all content related tactics that we can use to achieve our marketing goals. This includes our owned media such as websites, social media, blogs, landing pages, CTAs, SlideShares and video content … But also earned media such as the viral effect of our content and of course PR.
Download our content marketing e-book now. This will help you make sense of it all. How to kick off content marketing successfully, strategically and most importantly: how to benefit from it.